Ministry of Culture threatens to seal five Lower Lavra buildings

Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra. Photo: tourpedia.ru

The Ministry of Culture of Ukraine threatened to seal five buildings of the Lower Lavra and demanded that the monks vacate the premises by July 4, 2023.

Lawyer Nikita Chekman reported this in his telegram channel.

According to him, the corresponding letter came from the Ministry of Culture and Information Policy of Ukraine.

"The reserve (Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra – Ed.) made a decision to terminate the access of the monks of the monastery to the premises... By order of the reserve, a commission was set up to seal the buildings, which will begin work on July 4, 2023. In this regard, we ask you to vacate the premises and hand over the keys to the reserve," says the document sent to the address of the Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra.

The following premises will be sealed:

– Building 45 – cells in the Near Caves;
– Building 54 – Guest courtyard, office;
– Building 57 – cells of the Guest House;
– Building 71 – cells of the Guest House;
– Building 69 - cells of the Guest House.

The reserve requires the monks to hand over the keys for these premises. Otherwise, the locks will be cut off and replaced.

Let us remind you that in early March, the Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra National Reserve decided to terminate the lease agreement with the monastery and ordered the clergy to vacate the premises by March 29, while the monks were allowed to stay if they transferred to the OCU. The decision was explained by the fact that the commission of the Ministry of Culture found violations in the use of state property by the Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra.

The Ukrainian Orthodox Church challenged the demand to leave the Lavra, calling the decision to terminate the lease "lawless."

"On March 23, we filed a lawsuit, and already the third judge recuses himself," Metropolitan Pavel (Lebed), abbot of the Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra, said. Later he was sent under house arrest on suspicion of inciting inter-religious enmity.

As previously reported by UOJ, the head of the Ministry of Culture stated that centers of cultural and secular life should appear in the Lavra.

Lexo gjithashtu

Panair në nderim të Shën Joan Vladimirit në Bitaj

Mitropoliti i Beratit, Hirësia e Tij z. Asti, drejtoi shërbesat në Kishën e Shën Joan Vladimirit, me pjesëmarrjen e klerikëve dhe besimtarëve të zonës.

Beogradi priti me madhështi Brezin e Shenjtë të Hyjlindëses

Në festën e Analipsit, mijëra besimtarë morën pjesë në Litani me reliken e çmuar nga Manastiri i Vatopedhit, ndërsa Patriarku Porfir e cilësoi besimin si jetë që duhet të përjetohet nga çdo zemër.

Patriarkana Ekumenike dhe Komuniteti Anglikan zhvillojnë bisedime në Fanar

Takimi në Stamboll vazhdoi dialogun ndërmjet dy traditave kishtare dhe përgatiti seancën plenare të Komisionit Ndërkombëtar Orthodhoks-Anglikan në Aleksandri.

Analipsi u kremtua në Kishën e Ngjitjes së Zotit në Gjinar

Mitropoliti i Elbasanit, Hirësia e Tij z. Andon, drejtoi Liturgjinë Hyjnore në kishën që mban emrin e festës së madhe të Ngjitjes së Zotit Krisht në Qiej.

Kisha Orthodhokse Serbe del në mbrojtje të Kishës Orthodhokse Ukrainase

Sinodi i Shenjtë i Kishës Orthodhokse Serbe iu referua presioneve që po ushtron pushteti i Kievit ndaj Kishës Orthodhokse të Ukrainës.

Liturgji Hyjnore në Manastirin e Shën Nikollës në Mesopotam me rastin e së Kremtes së Ngjitjes së Zotit në Qiell.

Mitropoliti i Gjirokastrës, Hirësia e Tij z. Nathanail, drejtoi Liturgjinë Hyjnore në një nga monumentet më të rëndësishme të trashëgimisë kishtare dhe kulturore në Finiq.