Lavra’s Abbot: Threats of nationalists attract even more believers to UOC
Action of radicals from S14 group at the Lavra’s walls
Threats uttered by nationalists toward the Holy Assumption Kiev-Pechersk Lavra not only do not frighten people, but also add more interest in the canonical UOC. This was stated by the abbot of the monastery, Metropolitan Pavel of Vyshgorod and Chernobyl, reports Interfax.
“The more we are oppressed, the greater the number of believers is. After the Intercession holiday, when we received a threat certain evil would be done to us, a lot of excursions and pilgrims appeared. There were a lot of people previously, but now even more. People can distinguish very well what is true and what is not true. Only blind people cannot not see this, who have never prayed: they need to appease their ambitions, their demonic proud ‘ego’," Vladyka told to journalists in Moscow on October 30.
“The wolf is not so bad. All the powers of hell are against us, but we are with God, and we have nothing to fear. We are a canonical, holy, catholic Church, being in unity with all the Local Churches, and I hope that with God's mercy, with the support of the entire Church of Christ and yours, we will survive," the Metropolitan believes.
He expressed confidence that the monks of the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra will remain loyal to the UOC, led by His Beatitude Metropolitan Onufriy of Kiev and All Ukraine. “I can’t say that our brethren are wavering. These are true warriors who have managed to resist all attacks for 25 years,” said Metropolitan Paul.
He added, "I believe, hope and I’m certain the brethren will remain loyal to the Holy Ukrainian Orthodox Church."
As the UOJ reported, earlier the abbot of the Holy Assumption Kiev-Pechersk Lavra, Metropolitan Pavel of Vyshgorod and Chernobyl, reported threats against the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra.
Also, the head of the UOC KP Filaret Denisenko has repeatedly stated that in case of granting the Tomos, the Ukrainian Lavras, like many other temples, will be transferred to the SLC.
Lexo gjithashtu
Kryeministrja daneze lidh migrantët myslimanë me terrorizmin në Evropë
Mette Fredriksen paralajmëroi mbylljen totale të kufijve nëse migrantët lëvizin drejt veriut të Evropës nga Ceuta.
Mitropolia e Amerikës përgatit ndihma për Kolumbinë
Ndihma financiare dhe materiale po koordinohet për familjet e prekura nga tërmeti në zonën e Calit.
Ambasadorja greke takohet me Mitropolitin e Korçës, Anastasin
Lambrini Komini zhvilloi takime me përfaqësues të pushtetit vendor, Kishës dhe arsimit në Korçë.
Mitropoliti Petar vizitoi Pustecin për Festivalin “Prespa 2026”
Mitropoliti i Prespës dhe Pellagonisë u prit nga Mitropoliti Anastasi i Korçës më 20 gusht në Pustec.
Projekti për shtet bektashi në Tiranë rihapet pas raportimeve të reja
Media franceze Intelligence Online shkruan për përgatitje të reja institucionale të Urdhrit Bektashi, përfshirë monedhë dhe pasaportë të mundshme.
Në Moskë u mbrojt disertacioni kundër teorisë së parësisë së Fanarit
Igumeni Dhionis (Shlionov) argumentoi se teoria e parësisë së Patriarkut Ekumenik bie ndesh me eklisiologjinë sinodale të Ortodoksisë.